The term Manglik comes from the term Mangal or Mars. Manglik dosa is the suffering of the planet Mars in the marital life of an individual. In the scriptures of Vedic astrology it says that if Mars is in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house in relation to Lagna or Ascendant, Moon or Venus, the person becomes a Manglik. If a manglik marries a non-manglik, it can lead to the death of the other person or a separation in this relationship.
From my experience as an astrologer, it is not always true that Manglik who marries a non-Manglik leads to the separation or death of the other partner. This led me to further research and I found cases (obviously from the scriptures) where this yoga is broken off even when Mars is in the above houses. I'll go into this discussion later in the article, but for now, let's discuss why the above houses are considered bad for marriage.
1st house or lagna is 7th from 7th to 7th is the lagna for the married partner and 1st house is Makara house or end of life for the married partner.
2nd house is the 8th house from 7th. As a result, it shows danger and difficulties for the partner.
4. House refers to home environments. According to the sages, the evil planet that takes 4th or 8th place from a Bhava spoils the Bhava. Therefore, fourth Mars is evil in terms of the natives' health and belongings.
The 7th house shows the legal commitment and health, longevity and characteristics of the partner. So Mars in this house does not add to the benefits mentioned above.
8. House shows difficulties of natives and partner's finances and assets. The 8th house is also called Mangalya Sthana or married life, so Mars there is not good for married life.
The 12th house shows the true pleasure that an individual has after marriage. The position of Mars is not conducive to a happy married life here.
When is the Manglik Dosha canceled?
- Mars is in Scorpio (Vrischika) or Aries (Mesha) there is no Dosha
- Mars in the Venus sign cannot do any damage if it is 4th or 7th House.
- Mars in the Mercury sign will ward off its evil if it is 2nd House.
- Mars has no dosha in the houses of the Sun, Moon and Saturn.
- Mars has no dosha if it occupies the Jupiter symbol and the house happens to be 8th House.
- If Mars is connected to Jupiter or Mercury, it loses its and does not give bad results.
- When Mars is connected to the moon, it loses its power to do evil.
Who should marry whom?
- If there is Mars Dosha in the bridal card, choose a groom who has more or less similar Mars Dosha.
- If there is Mars Dosha in the bridal card due to its relative position counted by Lagna or Moon or Venus and there is a change due to disposition or connection to the changing planet or aspect through a positive match with that of the groom, in whose map there is also Dosha of Mars and also the modification.
- If there is no dosha in the bride's table at all, match it with one that has no dosha at all.